programs and services
Child Life Programview
Directed by our valuable volunteers, the Play Program provides a vibrant environment that encourages imagination, fun and creativity. Offered seven days a week, this program provides structure and routine, while providing a creative outlet that lets kids be kids.
- Creative crafts
- Cooking and baking fun
- Movie nights
- Seasonal decorating
- Seasonal parties, and much more!
It is difficult for children to be away from home during the summer. Friends are surely missed. But there is a lot to keep kids busy if they happen to spend a summer at the House. Our Summer Fun program is a dynamic day camp-like program. It offers a variety of fun activities during long summer days, including baking, arts and crafts, as well as special summer field trips. It keeps kids entertained while making new friends.
Support and Courtesy Servicesview
We know that the little things can make a big difference in the way our children and families heal - Sitting down to a home-cooked meal after a long day at the hospital, borrowing a car to get groceries, or emailing your friends back home. Our support services are designed to make life just a little bit easier for our families while they are staying at Ronald McDonald House Toronto.
- Home for Dinner - Groups can demonstrate their commitment to helping others by providing a meal for families under our roof. We continue to reach out to small groups with a unique opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of families in need through our Home for Dinner meal program.
- House Car - Available for family members with a valid driver's license to sign out, courtesy of Subaru.
- Shiatsu Massage - Volunteer Leisa is available once a week for a relaxing 15-minute session in our Quiet Room.
- Laptops are available to borrow and wireless internet is provided so our families can stay connected to loved ones back home.